Modern life is full of stress and everyday problems. We have to be healthy and full of energy to cope with all of them. Every morning we rush to work and sometimes just don’t have enough time for breakfast. We don’t even have a minute to realise that skipping breakfast we deprive our mind and body of vital energy. Breakfast is the most important meal and we need it to start a new day. It is necessary to eat carbohydrates for breakfast as they are the best source of energy and don’t convert into fat. During lunchtime we hurry to the nearest cafe and swallow the food almost without chewing because we don’t want to be late for work. The fact is that when we don’t chew the food properly, we may swallow food fragments that are still too big for our stomach to break down, which may cause heaviness and even pain in the stomach. Coming home after work we eat until we can’t move because we skipped breakfast and didn’t eat the lunch properly and the body tries to compensate for the lack of energy. Than we have a rest on the sofa in front of the TV-set. It is all very unhealthy and may cause obesity.
There is the first key to health:
Food – it is very important to think how and what we eat because it affects our health and well-being a lot. No wonder that people pay attention to their eating more and more, trying to find out healthy foods. Positive eating habits will last our lifetime. For example during the last 50 years, life expectancy in the USA increased by 8 years to 78, while Japan has the highest average life expectancy with 83 years.
How to eat properly:
- Don’t ever skip breakfast, which should include healthy carbohydrates – corn flakes, porridge, eggs.
- Drink water – people should drink up to 3 litres of pure water daily. Also the water is recommending to drink 15 minutes before every meal and 1.5 hours after eating.
- Eat at least 500 grams of fruits and vegetables a day.
- Don’t eat right before you go to bed, and after dinner try to do some exercises or to go for a walk.
- Try to eat light food for evening meals, so that your stomach manages to digest it before you fall asleep.
There is a lot to write about healthy eating, but even these 5 points will make you feel healthier.
Sports – it’s not a secret but doing sports will improve your health. You don’t have to become a champion – doing some exercises every day will help you become more fit and have a positive impact on your mental health and mood. No doubt, you will feel much better after a short run or a workout instead of usual watching TV.
List of sports you can be engaged in:
- Running – especially doing it early in the morning when the air is not warm yet, but fresh and cool to give you enough energy for the following day.
- Gym – is there anything better than an hour in the gym after a long working day?
- Swimming – it develops your lungs and makes almost all your muscles work. You can do swimming once-twice a week and combine it with any other activity.
- Yoga – it will strengthen your body, and moreover, it will help you achieve peacefulness of body and mind and fight stress.
- Biking – it is not only useful and healthy, but also fun. You can strengthen your body while having a good time.
Peace of mind – actually our health depends not only on our physical state but also on our mental one. Even if you are completely healthy physically, but if you always worry about something and feel anxiety, you may get very sick. There are real cases known when the doctors are not able to cure a particular patient, but finally he is cured by achieving peacefulness of mind and finding inner peace.
Tips to improve the state of mind:
- Don’t make a fuss – sometimes we worry too much about nothing, what can eventually lead to serious life-threatening illnesses. So much worry because of any trifles that we bring ourselves to a condition of an illness. Think of a problem comparing it with the life in the whole and you will definitely realise that it is not worth worrying about.
- Be not anxious for the past and the future – the past will not return, the future will not come earlier. You live today and you should think only of it. Forget about yesterday, you have learned something new and have experienced something different. Analyse the day in the evening and move on.
- Find some time to be alone thinking of your life and your goals. When you organize your thoughts you will feel easier to focus on your work and communicate with people around you.
- Get a pet. Living with your small “friend” will make you look at the world in a different way. Many happy moments will come to your life, you will become happy and forget about worries.
- Read books – it is not easy to find a person reading a book, everyone spends their time on the Internet reading blogs and magazines on social networking sites. Choose a book that is interesting for you and read it before you fall asleep. It will help you to escape the reality and dive into the story described in the book.