I accidentally hit publish before I was finished writing this today so that post probably didn’t make any sense to those who viewed it. Here is the real post
I was so honored to hear that Debbie Rodrigues from Debbie In Shape and Shellie Bowdoin from The FABulous Journey had nominated me for the Liebster Award. This is an great opportunity to introduce myself and My Life In Progress to everyone.
The Liebster Award is given to new bloggers upon nomination of other new bloggers to welcome them into the ever growing world of blogging. I must admit I am so new to blogging that I had never heard of the award or how it works. Here is a site that explains it pretty well. It has taken me a while to respond to my nominations because life has been pretty busy and stressful lately. I am glad I finally have a quiet moment to accept, introduce myself and pass the torch to others.
Each nominee is asked to answer a series of questions to let readers know a little more about them. So, here goes:
1. How did you decide on the name of your blog?
My mother says that we spend the first half of our life learning how to live & who we want to be and the second half of life living it. I believe life is a progression….I know I certainly have progressed from who I used to be but I still have more work to do. So that’s how I came up with the name.
2. Where does your blogging inspiration come from?
I am inspired by my own life and those in it. I write about personal experiences, not things I have only read about. I actually do, or have done, all I write about. My life is pretty mundane so I do have a difficult time writing about it in play by play fashion. I am working on that though, someone might find something interesting about my boringness
3. What is it that you love most about blogging?
Mostly, it is to share my experiences, wisdom and health tips with others. Things know one taught me, things I kind of figured out on my own and it would have been nice having someone sharing these tidbits with me.
Plus, I am a person of few words so writing is a challenge for me and I like that. Always push myself to do more…..better (but not perfect!)
4. What is your favorite food?
I don’t really know that I can pick a favorite….hmmm. One is a family recipe (I think) and I have no idea what it is called so I can’t really tell you ? I will blog about it some day A good steak I guess….that is always a good no matter what.
Well, I no longer drink alcoholic drinks, have done plenty of that in my life. I would have to say just plain old H2O with a wedge of lemon.
6. What is an item you cannot live without?
7. What are eleven random facts about yourself?
- I really, really like candles….only if they don’t smell like food
- I wish I could draw like an artist.
- I can’t stand the phrases “my bad” or “who dat”.
- I really enjoy reading but only nonfiction, fiction is a waste of time.
- By nature I am not a patient person….I have learned patience having my precious special needs daughter, Nadia.
- I have had a brain tumor (benign) removed and two back surgeries in the last six years and my health is just as good as it was before!
- I enjoy cleaning.
- I am single and haven’t dated in almost four years…waiting for the Lord to send me Mr. Right….don’t believe in dating for sport.
- The Book of Mormon is one of the best books I have ever read (four times)
- I can’t stand rap music.
- My dream is to have a small farm & life off the grid.
8. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
There are so many beautiful places that it is difficult to choose just one. Somewhere with a very limited amount of snow. I enjoy & miss the beach very much but I also adore looking at majestic mountains.
9. If you could meet anyone from history, alive or dead, who would it be?
10. What is your favorite outdoor activity?
Swimming/laying in the sun
11. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I honestly am not real sure. I have never been one of those people with a plan and a particular vision for myself. I am kind of more go with the flow kind of girl. Would be nice if I have been sent Mr. Right by then. Hopefully my blog is a success and I am doing more arts & crafts then what I have been for the last five years. I would love it if my son & my daughter and grandson moved to the KC area!
Finally, I have read differences in the number of blogs I am to pay this forward to. Some say 11, for the number of questions we have to answer. Some say only five so I will nominate seven!
Passion, Purpose & Positivity